• Opticell Ag+ wound dressing uses a unique gelling Chytoform technology that allows the absorbent fibers of the dressing to transform into a clear and conformable gel
• The unique gelling action helps manage drainage and remove dead, damaged and infected tissue from the wound, trapping it for later removal at the dressing change
• Chytoform technology wicks fluid only vertically, not laterally, helping to prevent maceration
• Opticell Ag+ has a conformable and thin profile that provides optimal contact with the wound
• Although Opticell is designed specifically for moderate to heavily draining wounds, it can also be pre-moistened for effective use on dry or lightly draining wounds
• Opticell Ag+ delivers broad spectrum antimicrobial efficacy. The dressings contain 0.75% ionic silver by weight. When the dressing encounters a wound environment, silver ions are activated to manage bioburden. The silver inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi, yet is completely harmless to skin cells (noncytotoxic).
Indications Partial and full-thickness wounds; first and second degree burns; diabetic foot ulcers; venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology; pressure ulcers;surgical wounds and donor sites.
CALCIUM ALGINATE DRESSINGS WITH ANTIMICROBIAL SILVER ROPE
3/4" x 12" Rope ~ 5/box
• Assists with infection reduction. Primary dressings for wounds with moderate to heavy exudate. Silver ions are released in the presence of wound fluid and protect the dressing from bacterial colonization and provide an effective barrier to bacterial penetration.